With the plethora of information being released this weekend for the upcoming Ressha Sentai ToQger, the supporting cast, including voice actors for the villains, has been announced.
- Baron Nero, the leader of Shadow, will be voiced by Jun Fukuyama. Fukuyama is widely known as the voice behind Lelouch Lamperouge, the lead in Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, this will be his first tokusatsu credit.
- Lady Noir will be voiced by Aya Hisakawa, who may be most notable as the voice behind Sailor Mercury in the original Sailor Moon anime and Cure Moonlight in HeartCatch PreCure!.
- General Schwartz is voiced by Haruhiko Jou, the voice behind Hector Barbossa in the Japanese Pirates of the Caribbean dubs.
- Finally, Miss Gritta is to be voiced by Noriko Hidaka, who has voiced characters including Kikiyo in Inuyasha as well as Near in Death Note.
Also announced this weekend were the voice talents behind the ToQger’s supporting staff.
- Playing the Conductor is Tsutomu Sekine. This is actually the second Sentai releated role for Sekine, who played a truck driver for an episode in the original Sentai, Himitsu Sentai Goranger. Sekine marks the presence of a big name in the Japanese entertainment industry, having hosted the Japanese Academy Awards for the previous three years as well as having a career in movies, TV, theater, and variety shows that spans more than 20 years.
- Wagon,the robotic assistant who resides within the trains, will be voiced by Yui Horie. Horie has been a voice actress since the 90s and is currently starring in Golden Time as Koko Kaga.
- Voicing Ticket, a monkey puppet that the Conductor speaks through, is Kappei Yamaguchi. With a career in voice acting lasting over 20 years, Yamaguchi has played many iconic roles including L in Death Note, Inuyasha, and Ranma Saotome in Ranma 1/2.
Source: Geinou News Lounge
All English translations are accredited to The Tokusatsu Network staff members. Please do not repost without crediting and directly linking back to the original Tokusatsu Network article.