Kamen Rider OOO Hiroaki Iwanaga Cast in Live-Action Touken Ranbu Film
Kamen Rider OOO‘s Hiroaki Iwanaga has been cast in the new Touken Ranbu film.
On October 31st, the official website for the live-action film adaptation of the Touken Ranbu franchise revealed a new visual showcasing the cast, along with the casting announcement. The film opens on January 18.
Among the cast is Hiroaki Iwanaga, who will be remembered by tokusatsu fans as Kamen Rider Birth/Date Akira in Kamen Rider OOO. He was the secondary Rider in the show and the first to use the Kamen Rider Birth suit. He recently has portrayed Guts in the 2016 version of the popular series Berserk. He will portray Nihongou in the film.
The rest of the cast is as follows:
- Hiroki Suzuki as Mikazuki Munechika (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Yoshihiro Aramaki as Yamanbagiri Kunihiro (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Ryō Kitamura as Yagen Toushirou (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Masanari Wada as Heshikiri Hasebe (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Fūma Sadamoto as Honebami Toushirou
- Taizō Shiina as Fudou Yukimitsu (also played the same role in the stage plays)
- Tomoki Hirose as Uguisu Maru
- Koji Yamamoto as Oda Nobunaga
- Norito Yashima as Toyotomi Hideyoshi
Tōken Ranbu Online is a “sword personification training game” takes famous swords from Japanese history and visualizes them as humans. The game initially released in Japan in 2015 and has inspired a series of stage plays and musicals. Saiji Yakumo is directing and the script will be by Yasuko Kobayashi.
Source: Anime News Network