If you are a regular forum-goer or have experience as a forum moderator and would like to contribute to a new expansion project for The Tokusatsu Network, consider applying as a forum moderator!
As the Tokusatsu Network seeks to continue its growth within its first year, its staff have decided to open a message board. It’s our hope that the message board will create a rich, active community filled with discussion of all sorts. Due to the time constraints already in place for current Tokusatsu Network staff members, we are looking to recruit moderators to serve as staff for the message board. As we envision the message boards becoming active, we have certain requirements that must be met when applying for position of moderator and super-moderator.
An attractive candidate for Moderator must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to dedicate at least 5 hours weekly to the message board
- Must be reasonable, flexible, and understanding when dealing with members
- Must treat ALL members with respect and never talk down to or belittle a fellow member
- Must be willing to defer larger issues to super-moderator
An attractive candidate for Super Moderator must meet the following criteria:
- Must meet the requirements for moderator
- Must first be hired as a moderator
- Must be able to dedicate up to 10 hours weekly to the message board
- Must have experience in problem solving
Although it is not necessary, it is preferred that an applicant have a fair to strong knowledge of the area they are applying as moderator for. For a full breakdown on the sub-forums topics, please note this PDF.
BEFORE YOU APPLY:
Before you apply, please be aware that we are only accepting applicants who are willing to dedicate the time and have a willingness to work in a professional manner to help manage a message board.
What The Tokusatsu Network can offer:
- A chance to contribute for a growing professionally recognized media news source
- Participation in the bi-yearly staff raffle for tokusatsu / Japanese sci-fi related merchandise
What The Tokusatsu Network cannot offer (at least, not yet!):
- Monetary compensation
- Eligible school credit
- Your full name
- Position you’re applying for
- Public social media account (Twitter, Facebook, and/or Tumblr)
- ALL forum moderator applicants must show history of an online presence through other message boards in order to validate applicant’s internet etiquette.
Upon receiving an application, the executive editorial staff of The Tokusatsu Network takes all the necessary time to evaluate and discuss potentially permanent team members. In doing so, The Tokusatsu Network follows its mission statement to continuously provide quality tokusatsu related news and articles as well as build an engaging message board.
We will not accept or consider any application from persons who attempt to contact, harass, and/or spam multiple members of The Tokusatsu Network with regard to their application or any current or future staff positions.
Interested in other positions for the Tokusatsu Network? See our open recruitment page here.