Site News and Announcements
The Tokusatsu Network is Recruiting
If you are a tokusatsu and/or Japanese sci-fi fan who is passionate about the fandom and interested in writing for a growing, professionally recognized online news portal, consider contributing to The Tokusatsu Network!
The Tokusatsu Network is currently looking for:
Forum Moderators (as needed)
Forum Moderators are responsible for all the daily operations of the Tokusatsu Network online community forums. Forum moderators oversee and moderate user-generated content to ensure the online community environment is safe and enjoyable for all members.
Forum moderators can be assigned to monitor a specific community forum board by the CFM and/or the EIC. They are the first line of communication for users who need assistance of any kind concerning the forum, i.e. troubleshooting, moderating between users, banning, etc.
An attractive candidate for Moderator must meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to dedicate at least 5 hours weekly to the message board
- Must be reasonable, flexible, and understanding when dealing with members
- Must treat ALL members with respect and never talk down to or belittle a fellow member
- Must be willing to defer larger issues to the Community Forums Manager
Although it is not necessary, it is preferred that an applicant have a fair to strong knowledge of the area they are applying as moderator for. Visit our community forums page to see the full breakdown of each topic.
Staff Writers (2)
Staff writers write entries for The Tokusatsu Network. They are responsible for drafting newsworthy posts, reviews, interviews, and regular columns as assigned by the Editor-in-Chief. They also provide back up assistance for Tokusatsu Network projects as needed.
We’re currently looking for writers with particular interest in covering the following topics:
- Power Rangers and other English-based tokusatsu adaptation shows
- Tokusatsu-inspired art and artists
Japanese Translators (as needed)
- This position requires a fluent understanding of Japanese and English
- Must be able to translate written Japanese from digital and print media into English in a clear, concise manner
- Must be readily and reliably available up to 8 hours per week
Channel Production Assistant (as needed, Tokyo-based applicants only)
Production assistants for the Tokusatsu Network’s YouTube channel have the most varied of responsibilities. They generally run tasks as assigned by the Senior Editor of the YouTube channel or the Lead Translator, such as aiding with filming press events or coordinating interviews with Japanese agencies.
An attractive candidate for a Channel Production Assistant must meet the following criteria:
- Be flexible with being able to attend events and filming schedules
- Videography and journalistic skills are highly desirable
- Japanese language skills are highly desirable, or English language skills for Japanese applicants
BEFORE YOU APPLY:
Before you apply, please be aware that we are only accepting applicants who are willing to dedicated the time and who have a willingness to work professionally with an editorial team that oversees your work; and work with a dependable, professional and strict adherence to deadlines and journalistic integrity.
Any prior journalistic experience is preferred, but not required.
What The Tokusatsu Network can offer:
- A chance to contribute for a growing professionally recognized media news source
- Participation in the bi-yearly staff raffle for tokusatsu / Japanese sci-fi related merchandise
- Fully backed support for any press pass application to attend fan conventions and other tokusatsu-related events [FOR STAFF WRITERS ONLY, must be a staff writer for at least 2-months]
What The Tokusatsu Network cannot offer (at least, not yet!):
- Monetary compensation for review copies and/or magazine subscriptions for translation purposes
- Payment for written reviews and articles
- Eligible school credit
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the contact form on our Contact page with the following information:
- Your full name
- Position you’re applying for
- Public social media account (Twitter, Facebook, and/or Tumblr)
- FOR STAFF WRITERS: At least two examples of previous work as related to the position you’re inquiring, either attached to an email or linked to another source.
- FOR FORUM MODERATORS: ALL applicants must show history of an online presence through other message boards in order to validate applicant’s internet etiquette.
Note: Applications without attached examples WILL NOT be accepted.
Upon receiving an application, the executive editorial staff of The Tokusatsu Network takes all the necessary time to evaluate and discuss potentially permanent team members. In doing so, The Tokusatsu Network follows its mission statement to continuously provide quality tokusatsu related news and articles.
We will not accept or consider any application from persons who attempt to contact, harass, and/or spam multiple members of The Tokusatsu Network with regard to their application or any current or future staff positions.