Taiko Katono is added to a full cast of past tokusatsu actors for a new Toei production.
It has been announced that Kamen Rider Drive‘s Taiko Katono, known for playing Kamen Rider Chaser/Chase, will be part of a large project by Toei. The project, ran by Toei Movie x St, is a historical piece that will be combining movies and stage plays and is a historical drama piece.
Katono joins a cast that is filled to the brim with other tokusatsu alumni actors of both Super Sentai and Kamen Rider fame:
- Kouhei Takeda – Kazumi Sawatari/Kamen Rider Grease of Kamen Rider Build
- Takahisa Maeyama – Sora Takigawa/Gremlin of Kamen Rider Wizard
- Hiroya Matsumoto – Masato Jin/Beet Buster of Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
- Taira Imata – Genpachiro Otta of Kamen Rider Drive
- Seiya Motoki – Noel Takao/Lupin-X/Patren X of Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger
- Hiroshi Yazaki – Shinji Kikuchi of Kamen Rider Den-O
The plan is for every Gozen performance to be different plotwise, but all remain linked somehow. Past Kamen Rider directors Hidenori Ishida (Kuuga-Gaim)and Nobuhiro Mori (Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard: The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle) will be working on the project.
Two different performances have been announced so far by Toei Movie x St.:
Gozen: Sword of Innocent Romance 『GOZEN ‐純恋の剣‐』 – (movie) to be released Summer 2019
Gozen: Sword of Madness 『GOZEN ‐狂乱の剣‐』 – (stage play) to be released Fall 2019
Source: Daisuki Toku