The TV series and film adaptation of Meiji Tokyo Renka will feature various tokusatsu alumni.
This week, the cast was revealed for the upcoming Meiji Tokyo Renka live-action series in April. Described as a time travel fantasy romance, the story revolves around high school student Mei as she is whisked away to the Meiji era by a magician named Charlie. In the past, she leans she has the power to see spirits and runs into various historical figures, all the while debating whether to return to her time or stay in the Meiji era.
The cast, which includes some familiar faces from recent tokusatsu projects, is as follows:
- Rikka Ihara as Mei Ayazuki
- Yutaka Kobayashi (Kaito Kumon in Kamen Rider Gaim) as Charlie
- Shuto Miyazaka as Ogai Mori
- Makaha Takahasi as Shunso Hishida
- Taiki Yamazaki (Naga in Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger) as Otojiro Kawakami
- Touman as Kyoka izumi
- Yuki Kubota (Takatora Kureshima in Kamen Rider Gaim) as Goro Fujita
- Tetsuya Iwanaga (Kuroto Dan in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid) as Yakumo Koizumi
- Shota Matsushima (Brain in Kamen Rider Drive) as Tosuke Iwasaki
Originating as a mobile visual novel in 2011, the series spawned an animated movie and series in 2015. The live-action series will run for 8 episodes across Japan on multiple stations and will be followed up with a film after it concludes its run.
Source: Eiga Natalie