Tsuburaya and the cast of Ultraman Decker held an online announcement event on June 16, 2022. The event premiered on YouTube and Tsuburaya Imagination.
With less than a month before the premiere of Ultraman Decker on July 9, 2022, Tsuburaya and the main cast of the show held an online announcement event to let fans meet the cast director of Ultraman Decker and hear their thoughts on the show. The event lasted for around an hour and featured a question and answer segment for each of the cast members.
Tsuburaya premiered a new trailer for Ultraman Decker which showed off the main cast in action and described the general plot of the show. It also revealed new mechas for the GUTS Select team and showed Ultraman Decker Strong and Miracle type in motion.
Premium members of Tsuburaya Imagination were able to watch a sneak peek of episode 1 of Ultraman Decker. Tsuburaya says that it plans to upload footage of episode 1 to its YouTube channel.
The trailer is set to the opening theme of the series, “Wake Up Decker!” and the ending theme “Kanata Touku.”
Kanata Asumi pilots the GUTS Falcon and the team’s AI HANE2 pilots the GUTS Hawk. When piloted by HANE2 the GUTS Hawk has two modes, Flight Mode and Dragon Mode. Additionally, GUTS Falcon and GUTS Hawk can combine into the powerful GUTS Gryphon to aid in battle.
Hiroki Matsumoto, who portrays Kanata, showed off the transformation sequence for Ultraman Decker.
Tsuburaya also released a new poster for Ultraman Decker which shows the series’ slogan, “It’s now or never! I gotta do it now!”
The cast released statements about their role in the show and how excited they are to be starring in it.
Hiroki Matsumoto (playing Kanata Asumi)
- “As a child I watched Ultraman Cosmos, and I was so happy to actually become Ultraman, when I was cast, I was so excited. Kanata is a straight-forward guy who always holds out his hand to those in need. Many people will go on to watch the show, and I hope that children can see Kanata and think ‘This hero is so cool’, just as I admired Ultraman at their age. I also saw the cool crew of the show giving their all to make the show, so I had to do my best, too. I can promise that you’re going to enjoy it, everyone gave it their all! Kanata is a cool hero, so I hope you enjoy his show!”
Yuka Murayama (playing Ichika Kirino)
- “Ichika is a girl who is always bright and kind, and stands up to any challenge. I’ve acted for a long time now and I always dreamed of playing a Tokusatsu heroine so getting to play one made me nervous ‘I’m finally on the set! The dream starts now!’ Ultraman has many fans across generations, so I want to be faithful to everyone’s expectations! The first videos I saw were very cool, I couldn’t take my eyes off it! I want to be someone who gives courage to others by fighting for them. I think you can enjoy the show not just as a Tokusatsu work, but also as a coming-of-age drama too, so I hope you enjoy see the characters grow!”
Nobunaga Daichi (playing Soma Ryumon)
- “It’s my first time to join a Tokusatsu drama, but since I was small I always wanted to be like the ‘hero that protects everyone’, so I’m very happy! Fighting monsters was scary at first, but as the show continued I found myself thinking ‘Let’s beat the monsters! Protect the people!’ I saw the latest trailer for the first time, and now I really can’t wait for it to start! Thinking that everyone gets to see it soon, I’m so excited I won’t sleep tonight! I hope the show is seen by many around the world, that they support it, and will watch over the growth of the three new GUTS-Select members!”
Sae Miyazawa (playing Sawa Kaizaki)
- “When the offer first came I thought ‘A heroine, at my age?!’ but then I saw my role was vice-captain (ahaha!). I joined the Ultraman series just once ten years ago, and at the time I just recklessly fought my way through the show. But after 10 years I feel a new sense of purpose to try and portray the level-headed ‘older-sister’ figure of the vice-captain. I hope seeing my subordinates grow gives everyone courage and hope! Please watch the show to the end!”
Yu Koyanagi (playing Yuichiro Asakage)
- “12 years ago I joined Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial. I was happy to return to the set and meet some of the same crew members, and I want to thank them for continuing to protect this Ultraman world. Usually I’m not very serious, so play a scientist was a challenge (haha). Please enjoy the show right until the very end!”
Masaya Kikawada (playing Taiji Murahoshi)
- “I came to set feeling simultaneously happy to join the prestigious Ultraman World as a key figure, and pressured to fill the role of captain in such a prestigious series. I found that as I read the script, many of my lines aimed at the younger members also applied to myself. At first the three of them can’t even reply ‘roger’ at the same time, but over time they found the timing, and now I can’t help but think ‘Ah, triplets!’ (haha), took a look at that teamwork! Each and every scene is carefully written, and I would be happy if those watching will grow alongside us as you watch our performance.”
Main Director: Masayoshi Takesue
- “Of everything I’ve worked on, this is the first story to center around the Defense Force members, so I put my focus on making their fight scenes impressive. Even in the first three episodes I directed the action is top quality! It’s only going to get better from there, so please pay attention to the upcoming scenes! I’m overjoyed that we’re almost able to deliver Ultraman Decker Episode 1 to you soon. Everyone brought all they had to the show, so please support it until the end!”
Ultraman Decker premieres on TV Tokyo Network, Every Saturday 9 a.m. JST starting July 9, 2022. The series will also be available on various subscription-based streaming services. However, Tsuburaya has not stated which service Decker will be coming to.
Source: Tsuburaya Productions