Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi’s Shin Ultraman is set to make its North American premiere in Montreal, Canada at the Fantasia Film Festival.
Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi’s latest film Shin Ultraman is currently set to make its North American premiere at the 2022 Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal, Canada. The film serves as a modern reimagining of the original Ultraman series (1966) from Eiji Tsuburaya. The Fantasia Film Festival will be celebrating its 26th anniversary this year from July 21-24.
Shin Ultraman premiered in Japan on May 13, 2022. The film was co-adapted by Anno and Higuchi, who previously teamed up on 2016’s Shin Godzilla. Earning over 3.18 billion yen, the film is currently the highest-grossing Japanese live-action film of 2022. The cast of the film includes:
- Takumi Saitoh – Shinji Kaminaga/Ultraman
- Issey Takahashi – Ultraman (voice)
- Masami Nagasawa – Hiroko Asami
- Daiki Arioka – Akihisa Taki
- Hidetoshi Nishijima – Kimio Tamura
- Akari Hayami – Yumi Funaberi
- Kyusaku Shimada – Japan Prime Minister Taishi Okuma
- Tetsushi Tanaka – Tatsuhiko Munakata
- Koji Yamamoto – Mefilas
- Koichi Yamadera – Zoffy (voice)
- Kenjiro Tsuda – Zarab (voice)
- Tōru Masuoka – Minister of Defense Kunihiko Kariba
- Ryō Iwamatsu – Minister of State for Disaster Management Hajime Komuro
- Hajime Yamazaki – Minister of Foreign Affairs Seiichi Nakanishi
- Gō Rijū – a special advisor to Japan’s Prime Minister
- Yutaka Takenouchi – a government official
- Sōkō Wada – Kagami
- Keishi Nagatsuka – Hayasaka
Additionally, Hideaki Anno and Bin Furuya provide the motion capture for the character of Ultraman for the film.
Source: Dread Central