Tsuburaya Productions announced plans this week to hold the first ever exhibition detailing the science of Ultraman’s sci-fi fantasy world this summer.
Titled The Science in Ultraman, the exhibition, held at Ueno, Tokyo, will focus on explaining various aspects of the Ultra Series universe from a scientific perspective, including:
- Who is Ultraman? A scientific introduction to Ultraman
- Ultraman and the Universe, Where Did He Come From? – An explanation of Ultraman’s homeworld, Nebula M-78
- Ultraman’s Enemies, What Kind of Creatures are the Kaiju? – A visual biological explanation of Kaiju and aliens
- Ultraman’s Allies and High Technology – A look at the mecha and equipment used by both Ultraman‘s Science Special Search Party (Science Patrol) and Ultra Garrison from Ultraseven, with comparisons to real life technology
- Ultraman Materials & Substances – An examination of Specium, the fictional element that appeared in Ultraman and comparisons to real chemicals, along with an Ultra Seven transformation experience to enjoy
Though this is the first-ever exhibition regarding the science of the Ultra Series universe, this isn’t the first science-related Ultraman event. In 2013, Tsuburaya held a special Ultraman live show entitled “Ultraman and the Science Mystery: Science Battle Stage”. Starring Ultraman Zero and Rei from the Ultra Galaxy franchise (once again reprised by Shota Minami), the show was split into two sections: The actual science portion teaching children about the properties of light, and the Science Battle Stage that involved the lesson being used against a new foe.
The Science In Ultraman exhibition will be held from July 23rd to August 3rd, prices range from 2,000 yen to free for elementary school children.
All English translations are accredited to The Tokusatsu Network staff members. Please do not repost without crediting and directly linking back to the original Tokusatsu Network article.
Source: Tsuburaya Station