Many Tokusatsu Alum Announced to Cast in Cells at Work Stage Play
The newly announced stage play will star actors from Kamen Rider Decade, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, and more.
On August 14, a large majority of the cast was announced through the official website for the stage play of the manga Cells at Work! by Akane Shimizu. The two main cast were previously announced to be Masanari Wada and Kanon Nanaki, playing the White Blood Cell and the Red Blood Cell respectively. They have since been photographed in costume and posted on the website (seen below).
Among the cast announced, several actors have had past roles in tokusatsu work, both big and small:
- Yuki Kimisawa, playing the Killer T Cell, has previously portrayed Kirihiko Sudo in Kamen Rider W. Kirihiko Sudo was known for using the Nasca Gaia Memory.
- Kimito Totani, playing the Helper T Cell, is known by most tokusatsu fans as Kamen Rider Diend from Kamen Rider Decade. Diend aka Kaito Daiki, was the secondary Rider in the series.
- Yuka Hirata, playing Macrophage, is most recognized as Mele from Juken Sentai Gekiranger. She also played small roles in Kamen Rider W and Kamen Rider Ghost.
- Bishin Kawasumi, playing Dendritic/Memory Cell, starred in one episode of Tokumei Sentai GoBusters as a rookie mechanic named Mamoru Koyama.
- Ryoma Baba, playing Pneumococcus, is most notable as the Blue Buster, Ryuji Iwasaki, also from Tokumei Sentai Gobusters. He most recently starred in Kamen Rider Amazons as Ryusuke Otaki.
- Shou Tomita, playing Staphylococcus aureus, is remembered as AbareBlue, Yukito Sanjyou, from Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger. He reprised his role in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger and Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters: Dinosaur Great Battle! Farewell, Eternal Friends.
The play, formally titled Tainai Katsugeki Hataraku Saibō (Internal Action Play Cells at Work), will run at Tokyo’s Theatre 1010 from November 16-25.
The manga, Cells at Work!, that it is based off, was launched in March 2015, and the anime adaptation started airing on July 7, 2018. The plot focuses on personified cells in your body and how they work to keep the human body strong through the worst battles.
The full cast list is below:
- Masanari Wada as White Blood Cell (Neutrophil)
- Kanon Nanaki as Red Blood Cell (Erythrocite)
- Yūki Kimisawa as Killer T Cell
- Takeshi James Yamada as regular cell
- Kimito Totani as Helper T Cell
- Kaoru Marimura as Natural Killer Cell
- Masaki Ōta as Naive T Cell
- Yuka Hirata as Macrophage
- Chihiro Kai as Regulatory T Cell
- Bishin Kawasumi as Dendritic Cell (Memory Cell)
- Kaoru Masaki as B Cell
- Yūmitsu Kishida as Platelet
- Kei Morita, Ayane Kinouchi as Platelets
- Yuki Masuda as Streptococcus pyogenes
- Shun Takagi as Influenza virus
- Ryōma Baba as Pneumococcus
- Shou Tomita as Staphylococcus aureus
Source: Anime News Network
Latest posts by Katie Peterson (see all)
- Cosplayer Feature: Lissette - October 12, 2018
- Suits Japanese Remake to Feature Kamen Rider Actors - October 6, 2018
- English Dub Cast Revealed with Trailer Release for SSSS.Gridman Anime - October 6, 2018