The 2-day event to celebrate the Ultraman franchise will take place this winter in Tokyo.
Tsuburaya Convention 2019, or Tsubu Con for short, will take place on December 14 and 15. Tokyo Dome City will play host to the inaugural Tsuburaya Convention which was initially announced back in February. The convention will focus on celebrating the Ultraman franchise on the whole and boasts a wide and impressive programming block. A teaser for the event was released on the official Tsuburaya YouTube channel, which you can check out below.
The opening ceremony called “Ultraman Celebration” will feature a performance by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra playing pieces for the various Ultraman shows. In addition to the symphony concert, Tsuburaya will also be presenting new projects as well as featuring Tsuburaya professional performers, production staff and celebrity guests. A sample of the events the weekend will have includes:
- A buffet style dinner featuring photo opportunities with 50 different Ultra Heroes
- A separate dinner with the legendary Ultra Hero actors
- A look at Netflix anime ULTRAMAN’s second season
- A Darkness Heels morning talk show with the actors for the villains
- A special stage for SSSS.GRIDMAN
- A Heisei Ultra Heroes panel with the actors for Dyna, Gaia, Agul, and Cosmos.
- A New Generation Heroes panel featuring all the main actors from Ultraman Zero up to the latest series, Ultraman Taiga.
Many more events will be listed on the event website. A large number of merchandise from Tsuburaya Productions will be sold on site with full cooperation from Kaiyodo Co., Ltd. / Wonder Festival Executive Committee. Early access tickets are by lottery currently with general admission tickets going on sale starting on September 26.