The 8 disk box set containing all fifteen of the Showa-Era Godzilla films are open for pre-order through Criterion.
Criterion has recently announced pre orders for a new Godzilla box set that also marks their 1000th release. This Godzilla 8 disk Blu Ray set features all fifteen of the Showa Era films from 1954 – 1975. Along with high definition transfers of the films, it also includes new english subtitle translations and the international english dub tracks for six of the films. Other features included in the box set are as followed:
- Audio commentaries on Godzilla and Godzilla, King of the Monsters from 2001 featuring film historian David Kalat.
- Programs that detail the special effects of Godzilla, as well as showcasing unused effects from Toho.
- Past interviews with directors, cast and crew members of the films.
- An interview with Alex Cox, a filmmaker that speaks about his admiration for the Showa-Era Godzilla films.
- An illustrated audio essay from 2011 about the real-life tragedy that inspired the making of Godzilla.
- Trailers of the films
- An illustrated hardcover book that includes a mass amount of details and notes from the films, and new illustrations by multiple artists.
Pre Orders are open for the box set, with a scheduled release for October 29th, 2019. The box set costs $224.95, but currently it is on sale for $179.96.