The recently revealed main visual for Netflix’s upcoming anime, Ultraman, showcases the new designs for Ultraman, Ultra Seven and Ace.
The main visual for Netflix’s Ultraman has been revealed. The above poster features Ultraman, Ultra Seven, and Ace’s character designs in the upcoming anime.
The upcoming anime, like the manga it’s based on, acts as a sequel to the original Ultraman television series while taking place in a different timeline. The first trailer, released in November, showcased moments from the first volume of Eiichi Shimizu and Tomohiro Shimoguchi’s manga.
The story follows Shinjiro Hayata, son of original Ultraman host Shin Hayata, who finds that he inherited his father’s abilities. Now, he transforms into the new Ultraman.
Directed by Shinji Aramaki (Batman Ninja) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), Ultraman utilizes motion capture technology for its animation. The motion capture cast was recently revealed alongside more of its voice cast.
The voice cast includes:
- Ryohei Kimura as Shinjiro Hayata
- Sumire Morohoshi as Rena Sayama
- Takuya Eguchi as Dan Moroboshi
- Megumi Han (Voice of Pega in Ultraman Geed) as Seiji Hokuto
- Hideyuki Tanaka as Shin Hayata
- Kenjiro Tsuda (Redyue in Kamen Rider Gaim) as Adad
- Ken Uo as Mitsuhiro Ide
- Shigeru Ushiyama as Edo
- Ryota Takeuchi as Jack
- Eiji Hanawa as Yosuke Endo
- Hirokazu Sekido as Kurata
- Minori Shiraishi as Shiraishi
- Kaiji Soze as Alien Bemlar
The motion capture cast features:
- Haruka Shibai as Rena Sakayama
- Kaijie Soze as Mitsuhiro Ide and Belar
- Shinjo Kasahara (Naoto/TimeFire in Mirai Sentai Timeranger) as Dan Moroboshi
- Teruaki Ogawa (Sasuke/NinjaRed in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger, Hyuga/Black Knight II in Seiju Sentai Gingaman) as Shin Hayata and Edo
- Katsuyuki Yamazaki (Masaki Kazamori in 1998-99’s Hesei Ultra Seven) as Shinjiro Hayata
Recently, it was also revealed that OLDCODEX would be providing the theme song, “Sight Over The Battle,” for the upcoming show. Netflix’s Ultraman will release worldwide on April 1st.
Source: Mantan Web