Kamen Rider Drive’s Shouta Matsushima Cast in Live-Action Yowamushi Pedal Sequel
Shouta Matsushima, known for his role as Brain in Kamen Rider Drive, has been cast in the upcoming Yowamushi Pedal live-action sequel.
Matsushima will be portraying Kōtarō Ishigaki, a third-year student at Kyoto Fushimi High School and captain of the Kyoto Rōmaji cycling team. Alongside Matsushima, the cast also includes:
- Kōji Moriya as Akira Midōsuji
- Shōdai Fukuyama as Nobuyuki Mizuta
- Yūhei Yamamoto as Eikichi Machimiya
- Yūichi Matsumoto as Ryō Ibitani
- Yūya Kido as Yasutomo Arakita
- Yuki Tamaki as Shinpachi Tōdō
— ドラマ『弱虫ペダル』 (@sptv_yowapeda) December 14, 2016
In December of last year, the series’ official Twitter streamed a teaser video of the upcoming sequel. It will continue the story from the first season and focuses on Sakamichi Onoda as a first-year student in the Inter High arc.
Yowamushi Pedal centers around Onoda, an otaku and high school student at Sōhoku High School. His love for anime and manga has him bicycling to and from Akihabara after school with a total distance of 90km. His life changes when he encounters his school’s cycling team and decides to join them in the competitive sport of bicycle racing.
The sequel will air on BS SKY PerfecTV! this year with no official date currently announced.
Source: Anime News Network
Latest posts by Nicole Amber (see all)
- Cosplayer Feature: GYAVASO - August 14, 2017
- Iconic Godzilla Suit Actor Haruo Nakajima Passes Away - August 7, 2017
- Tsuburaya Productions Releases Ultraman Special Deco Bags - July 21, 2017