Tokusatsu Alumni Included in 2nd Bungo Stray Dogs Cast Reveal
Various tokusatsu actors star in the upcoming sequel to the Bungo Stray Dogs stage play.
On June 22nd, the visual for the upcoming second stage play of the manga Bungo Stray Dogs was released along with the cast announcement. The visual revealed Masashi Taniguchi (Jin Takayama from Kamen Rider Amazons) as Sakunosuke Oda, Hirofumi Araki (Black Lion Rio from Juken Sentai Gekiranger) as Ango Sakaguchi, and Hideya Tawada (Starninger in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger) returning as Osamu Dazai.
Akira Kubodera will be in the supporting cast as Ogai Mori, who has played small roles in multiple Kamen Rider series over the years, including Kanai in Kamen Rider Blade, Aberu in Kamen Rider Kiva, and Doctor Fujita in Kamen Rider OOO.
Also joining the cast is:
- Takeshi Hayashi as Gide
- Toshiya Kumano as Santoka Taneda
- Ryoki Nagae as Ranpo Edogawa
The manga Bungo Stray Dogs is centered around a group of literary figures that possess supernatural powers. Together, some of the group solve mysteries, while the rest serve as the antagonists.
The stage play will run in Tokyo from September 22 through October 8, then will move to Osaka for October 13 and October 14.
Source: Anime News Network
Latest posts by Katie Peterson (see all)
- Raising Money for Animals with Our Wild Planet: A Tokusatsu Charity Zine - November 9, 2018
- Go-Busters’ Ryoma Baba to Star in Devil May Cry Stage Play - November 6, 2018
- Kamen Rider OOO Hiroaki Iwanaga Cast in Live-Action Touken Ranbu Film - November 1, 2018