Rurouni Kenshin Stage Play Featuring Toku Alum Reveals Cast in Costume
Rurouni Kenshin reveals its’ cast in costume for the first time, featuring two Kamen Rider alumni.
On June 27th, a press conference was held to discuss the new Rurouni Kenshin stage play. During the conference, a visual was released showing the current cast in costume.
The cast of the stage play has been revealed as follows:
- Seina Sagiri as Himura Kenshin
- Moka Kamishiraishi as Kamiya Kaoru
- Mitsuru Matsuoka as Kano Sozaburo
- Yusuke Hirose as Saito Hajime
- Ryosuke Miura as Shinomori Aoshi
- Ryuji Kamiyama as Takeda Kanryu
Mitsuru Matsuoka is known for playing Kamen Rider Eternal in Kamen Rider W and is also credited with singing multiple songs for Kamen Rider Drive, including its main theme. The character he will portray, Kano Sozaburo, was not present in the original manga, but was added into the 2016 musical by the all female theatre troupe, Takarazuka Revue.
Ryosuke Miura is best known for playing the character Ankh in Kamen Rider OOO. He recently reprised his role, along with Hono Eiji’s actor Shu Watanabe, in the 2017 crossover movie Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders. He will be portraying Shinomori Aoshi, although he played a different character in Rurouni Kenshin Part II: Kyoto Inferno, named Sawagejo Cho. It was the second live action film released, based on the manga.
There is currently no announced date for when the stage play will perform.
Source: Anime News Network
Latest posts by Katie Peterson (see all)
- Cosplayer Feature: Thormungandr Cosplay - September 10, 2018
- Live-Action Gintama 2 Film Starring Masaki Suda Tops 2.5 Billion Yen 2 Days Faster Than 1st Film - September 10, 2018
- Indie Tokusatsu Merch Roundup August 2018 - August 27, 2018