The US premiere of the Bleach live-action movie will be held in New York this July.
Earlier this week, the Japan Society announced that they will be debuting the US premiere of the Bleach live action movie. The screening will take place on Saturday, July 28th at 7:45PM as a part of their JAPAN CUTS 2018: Festival of New Japanese Film. The director of the film, Shinsuke Sato (Gantz), will be onhand for a QnA ahead of the premiere and will introduce the movie, which will be shown with English subtitles. Additionally, a new trailer has been made available online showing the full cast of the movie, which you can check out below.
As previously announced, the cast, which happens to include a reunion of the main 3 Kamen Riders from Kamen Rider Fourze, is as follows:
- Sota Fukushi (Kamen Rider Fourze‘s Gentaro Kisaragi, Kamen Rider Fourze) as Ichigo Kurosaki
- Ryo Yoshizawa (Kamen Rider Fourze‘s Ryusei Sakuta, Kamen Rider Meteor, The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.) as Ishida Uryuu
- Erina Mano (Kamen Rider Fourze‘s Nadeshiko, Kamen Rider Nadeshiko, Next Generation -Patlabor-) as Orihime Inoue
- Hana Sugisaki (Blade of the Immortal) as Rukia Kychiki
- Miyavi (Kong: Skull Island) as Byakuya Kuchiki
- Taichi Saotome (The Prince of Tennis) as Renji Abarai
- Yu Koyanagi (Ultraman Zero The Movie) as Sado Yatsutora/ Chad
- Seiichi Tanabe (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.) as Kisuke Urahara
- Yosuke Eguchi (Rurouni Kenshin) as Isshin Kurosaki
- Masami Nagasawa (Gintama) as Masaki Kurosaki
The plot of the movie is said to adapt the first eight volumes of the manga, which finished its run back in 2016. Tickets are available now at the Japan Society website priced at $15 for seniors and $12 for students. Japan Society Members can purchase tickets at a reduced rate of $10. The movie is set to open in theaters across Japan a few days earlier on July 20, 2018.
Source: Japan Society