Godzilla & Colossal Kaiju Films Stream on Hulu in October
Entertainment Weekly magazine offered a list of new streaming films and television coming to Hulu in October, including a number of Heisei- and Millennium-era films from the Godzilla franchise, as well as independent kaiju film, Colossal.
Twelve films from the Godzilla franchise will be available for streaming on Hulu starting October 1, 2017, all of which are films from the Heisei- (1989 to 1999) and Millennium-era (2000 to present). Due note that though the official Heisei period in Japan encompasses the years 1989 to the present day, ‘Millennium’ is the official naming convention for Toho kaiju films released after the year 2000.
The films coming to Hulu are as follows:
- Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (1993)
- Godzilla (1998)
- Godzilla vs. Mothra (1998)
- Godzilla vs. Destroyah (2000)
- Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (2000)
- Godzilla 2000 (2000)
- Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla (2000)
- Godzilla vs. Megaguirus: The G Annihilation Strategy (2003)
- Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2003)
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2004)
- Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2004)
- Godzilla: Final Wars (2005)
Currently, there is no confirmation to whether these films will be available dubbed or subtitled in English, or both.
Independent kaiju film, Colossal, starring Anne Hathaway and directed by Nacho Vigalondo, will also be available to stream on Hulu starting October 4, 2017. The film was supported by crowdfunded production company, Legion M. Colossal follows the story of Gloria (Anne Hathaway) who discovers a strange connection between a kaiju attacking South Korea and herself after she is kicked out of her apartment by her boyfriend and left out-of-work.
Source: Entertainment Weekly
Latest posts by Paula Gaetos (see all)
- REVIEW: Mazinger Z: Infinity Approachable to New & Old Fans - February 15, 2018
- MAZINGER Z: INFINITY 2-Night Special Screening Across the U.S. - January 21, 2018
- US Jury Rules in Favor of Tsuburaya in Ultraman Rights Lawsuit Against UM Corporation - November 20, 2017