Tokusatsu Alums Star in Upcoming ReLIFE Live-Action Film
Notable tokusatsu alums will star in the live-action film adaption of the popular manga, ReLIFE.
Yayoiso’s ReLIFE manga, which aired its anime debut this past winter, stars many tokusatsu alums in the upcoming film. The cast includes:
- Taishi Nakagawa as Arata Kaizaki, the protagonist
- Yūna Taira as Chizuru Hishiro
- Mahiro Takasugi, known for his role as Mitsuzane Kureshima/Kamen Rider Ryugen in Kamen Rider Gaim, as Kazuomi Ōga
- Elaiza Ikeda as Rena Kariu
- Sae Okazaki as An Onoya
- Yudai Chiba, known for his role as Alata/GoseiRed in Tensou Sentai Goseiger, as Ryō Yoake
The story focuses on Arata, a 27-year old recently unemployed shut-in, who meets Yoake, a representative of a social reintegration program called “ReLIFE.” The program allows Arata to appear 10 years younger and repeat high school to change his circumstances by taking an experimental drug. The experiment only lasts for a year but gives Arata a chance to decide his future.
The film will premiere April 15, 2017.
Latest posts by Nicole Amber (see all)
- VIDEO: The Tokusatsu Network Interviews Renn Kiriyama (Kamen Rider W) - February 10, 2018
- Uchu Sentai Kyuranger vs Space Squad Announced as New Entry in Space Squad Franchise - February 3, 2018
- VIDEO: The Tokusatsu Network Interviews Wataru Kuriyama - February 1, 2018