[2/10 to 2/16] This Week in Toku Actor Blogs
This Week in Toku Actor Blogs continues to highlight the fun behind-the-scenes lives of tokusatsu actors.
- Koichi Sakamoto’s Red x Pink (Aka x Pink) premieres February 22nd in Japan. Above, one of its stars, Ayame Misaki, better known for playing Go-buster’s Escape, has been posting some fun Red x Pink costume photos on her Instagram.
- The official Red x Pink Twitter also posted this photo of the “Making of” DVD release event. Misaki posted more photos of the event on her official blog.
- Team Baron’s #2 in Kamen Rider Gaim, Gaku Matsuda (below) gushes about his new role in the series. He notes that back in middle school, he used to dance. Though dancing wasn’t initially his passion, he needed it to get into his high school of choice. He developed a passion for dancing because of his teacher, Katou Kurumi , who, sadly, fell ill and passed away in 2010. Matsuda fondly remembers his dance teacher for his cheerfulness and support. Now that Matsuda has a new role as Kamen Rider Knuckle Kurumi (walnut) Arms that bears the same name as his late teacher, he feels as if it’s fate and his teacher is still watching over him. Matsuda’s pose and style is all in tribute to the dance teacher that inspired him.
- ToQ-2 Jin Hiramaki plays around on the filming location bus.
- In celebration of the ToQger premiere, ToQ-3, Riria tweeted the photo below with ToQ-5’s, Ai Moritaka.
- On the same note, ToQ-4’s, Ryusei Yokohama, posted location bus and backstage photos with his co-stars on his blog.
- Following up from last week, GoseiBlack, Kyousuke Hamao, shows off his love of golf with Kamen Rider Decade, Masahiro Inoue.
- Ryouta Murai, Kuuga from Kamen Rider Decade, posts a dashing photo in his greenroom. He’s currently in the theater adaptation of the story of the Sanada Ten Braves (Sanada Jūyūshi).
- Another Gaim star, Ryoji Hase, Atsushi Shiramata, posted the photo below with co-star Yuki Kubota, or Kamen Rider Zangetsu.
- Professor Ryoma, Aoki Tsunenori, posted this photo with Inoue and his Decade figure.
- Gaim’s lead actor also posted a backstage photo at Ninjaman Japan’s concert in support of co-star, Metal Yoshida, who is Ninjaman Japan’s bassist.
- Sano also posted a two shot of himself and ToQ-1, Jun Shison, as well as more fun playing with snow.
- The Gaim production blog also posted some fun photos of the cast during their breaks, as seen below.
- The snowstorm continues on in Japan. Kamen Rider Double’s Kirihiko, Yuki Kimisawa, spends a white Valentine’s Day as seen below. He’s currently playing Coach Watanabe Osamu from Shitenhoji in the current production of the Prince of Tennis musicals.
- Kamen Rider Gaim’s, Yoko Minato, Minami Tsukui also posted photos of snow and Valentine’s.
- Her co-star, Mahiro Takasugi, also posted his snow decorations.
- As did ToQger’s Hiramaki, showing off his snowman building skills with an homage to his newly premiered series.
All images posted are from blogs and social media of various actors and linked to their date and source accordingly. Posts are translated and aggregated by the Tokusatsu Network staff. Do not copy or repost without appropriate attribution.
Latest posts by Paula Gaetos (see all)
- Artist Feature: Joel Carroll - April 5, 2017
- Finding Tokusatsu-Inspired Merchandise and Information at WonderCon 2017 - March 31, 2017
- Autograph Fundraiser Campaign for Bioman’s Ryosuke Sakamoto - March 22, 2017